Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Interesting Thoughts on Habits and Creativity

I read some interesting articles that got me thinking of the effects of routine vs creativity. You would naturally expect creativity to stem from madness, from unusual sources and unusual people. While, ok, that may be true, it looks as though, at least to those eccentric people, their strange routines are just... routine. And not every creative person is a spontaneous nutball. Some parts of my creative routine just include putting on some music and making sure all of my supplies are within arms reach. And then there's the 20 one-handed pushups I make myself do if I accidentally use a 2B pencil instead of an HB, or every time I use my pink eraser instead of my white. Completely normal, right?

Anyway, take a look at the articles, there are some interesting thoughts on normality, eccentricness, routine, and creativity.

Do Mundane Routines Produce Creativity?

This Is Why I'm Eccentric

Anyone have any weird routines you'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment