Monday, July 23, 2012

Hamlet- Finally!

Finally, HAMLET has come to life! Mwahahaha! ...Not that kind of life, but close enough for me. I had wanted to do a book cover for Hamlet for the longest time. Longest as in years. I can't remember exactly when I started the sketches for this cover, but it was long enough ago to forget. Then I actually put the drawing to the illustration board. Many long moons after that, on a rare free weekend, the inks went down. And just yesterday, I tackled the color. I had debated coloring this digitally (and I still might try my hand at it, if I get another spare afternoon- hah!), but after a few digital comps, I decided I just wanted to hold the finished piece in my hands after all this time.

So voila.



I wanted something that really showed the madness and mental confusion that takes over Hamlet as the story goes along. But I wanted it self-contained and internal. It's like it symbolizes Inception, but I started it pre-Inception, so I'm keeping my street cred, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment