Friday, November 30, 2012

Through the Looking Glass

I've had the idea in my mind for a while that I wanted to do a project on Lewis Carroll's "Through the Looking Glass", and I've actually tried a couple of different times, but lost interest. This time, I am adapting it to a good old-fashioned picture book.

I've been wanting to update the appearance of Alice since I started, but I think I was getting too far from the original in some of my previous attempts. I want this to feature a more modern-day Alice, so I'm giving her a denim jumper and a new hairstyle (though sticking with the blonde this time!)

Kind of going out of order, but here is the sketch for the first painting I am actually starting, when Alice meets Humpty Dumpty:



Pictures of the painting will come, when I can get back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment