Monday, May 13, 2013

A Niche For All

I recently smacked myself on the head because in all my work creating a portfolio of books covers, I have been neglecting possibly my favorite genre: middle grade fiction.

I had previously lumped everything post-picture book and pre-adult fiction under the umbrella of "Young Adult" but in reality there needs to be some separation there. Older YA fiction novels have taken off on their own, and really deserve their own category of mysterious and magical photo manipulations. Which I love, don't get me wrong! But I often find myself taking a different path.

So I started to look up some great middle-grade book covers, and I stumbled upon Gilbert Ford's blog, which has some great examples to get me inspired:



So much color! So much creativity! So much playfulness! Let the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment