Sunday, August 4, 2013

CNYWS Signature Exhibit, August 2013

I attended my first ever Central New York Watercolor Society's Signature art exhibit opening this past Friday. The show was put on in Old Forge, NY, quite the drive for me in an evening. I think it was worth it, however. The show was in a beautiful venue, and the show itself was wonderful. There are many extremely talented artists in central New York.  I wish I lived closer and could connect with them more. The artists and attendees were all extremely friendly as well, which I appreciated as I didn't drag anyone out of work early to come with me. From there I went to another art opening that same night with some of the artists I met at the first show. I love how artists support each other. That show was beautiful as well.

Of course, I forgot to bring my camera again, because I always forget one thing whenever I take a trip of any length. So unfortunately you'll get to see some blurry or low-res pictures from my phone camera. But I wanted to share some of these great images, for those of you who won't be able to make it down to Old Forge before September.






And this last image is actually a pastel by the lovely Loretta Lepkowski, at the Old Forge library. She was also a talented watercolorist, but I just fell in love with her pastels. I am blown away by anyone who can master a stick of chalk!


So thanks again to everyone I met, and I hope to see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment