Saturday, November 2, 2013

NCAC Fall Juried Show 2013

Got some pictures from the 2013 North Country Arts Council Fall Juried Show last Friday night. Once again, it was an awesome showing, with some great music and food and, of course, art. And surprise surprise, my oil painting "Prayer" won first prize in the painting category! I was quite shocked as there was a very good spread of work by many talented artists.





A view of "Prayer" in the middle:



I was also drawn to an artist whose work I've seen around lately, and I really admire it. It's more modern than much of what is seen around the "North Country", many of the nights pieces featuring a comic book type of style. Really nice stuff, I'll have to take a closer look at Tim Clary. 


Another of mine, "Iron Works"


The cover band was quite nice. 


"The Masque"


This guy was doing a painting demo, really liked the sky



"The Performance"



No comments:

Post a Comment