Saturday, April 30, 2011

I Could Use A Little Fuel Myself

I entered a website which asked for my birthday. When I gave it, a brief message popped up:

"You are an emu, Gemini. Use your fast, effective trot to get you where you want to be."

I am damn good at accomplishing things. I am an accomplishment junkie. I just live for getting things done in an awesome way. On that note, why haven't I gotten myself a job in art yet? I am awesome at getting jobs. I own interviews. I am the person you want to hire, and the person you want to bring home to your mother.

I have decided that I really want to focus on getting a job designing book covers, and I have realized that there are only four book covers on my website. Maybe my random and varied design portfolio needs some work. While I would be eager to do any full-time design job, I am most excited about book covers, so I am going to design the hell out of them! I have started a comp for "The Masque of the Red Death" by Edgar Allen Poe. The pictures, fonts, and graphics are mere placeholders, but this is the essence of what it will look like:


I know, I will also do some non-dark-and-creepy book covers to round me out. This just happened to be the first story I liked on Project Gutenberg. So, I am going to re-focus my design portfolio on print design, specifically book covers.

My fortune cookies from last week:
"A well-aimed spear is worth three."
"Be brave enough to live creatively."

No comments:

Post a Comment