Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Things That Move You: Achievement

Up next on my list of strengths (according to the brains at Gallup) is that I am an "Achiever". "People who are especially talented in the Achiever theme have a great deal of stamina and work hard. They take great satisfaction from being busy and productive." I have always said I am an accomplishment junkie. Some people indulge on drugs, food, or adrenaline. I like to get s**t done.

"Your acheiver theme helps explain your drive. You feel as if every day starts at zero. By the end of the day you must achieve something tangible in order to feel good about yourself. And by 'every day' you mean every single day- workdays, weekends, vacation. No matter how much you may feel you deserve a day of rest, if the day passes without some form of achievement, no matter how small, you will feel dissatisfied. You have an internal fire burning inside you."

Doesn't everyone? I swear, I thought everyone felt that way.

"It’s very likely that you periodically document goals that can lead you to a future of your own choosing. Perhaps you leave less to chance when you outline your aims and push yourself to reach each one. Because of your strengths, you channel your energy into your work or studies. You seldom count the hours you work. Feeling fully engaged in what you do is a major source of satisfaction. You believe there is always something more challenging you can pursue. Given your ability to withstand hardship, adversity, and stress, it is no surprise you love what you do. You strive to do more and more of it each day."

And I plan on never retiring, because I do love what I do. As long as I can continue to paint, to create, to make images and stories appear out of thin air, I'll be happy. I can only imagine I'd be horribly bored without the ability and drive to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment