Friday, June 28, 2013

The Mandela Project

I recently did a spur-of-the-moment project for The Mandela Project, a project developed "to celebrate Nelson Mandela’s 95th birthday and his life’s contribution to humanity" by spurring artists to create "95 exceptional posters from around the world and collate them into an online publication and travelling exhibition."

The Mandela Project

No, there is no "prize" for the 95 artists selected, and there is no payment, but even if I am not chosen as one of the 95 I still felt it was a worthy project to try my hand at. Plus I had the idea to do the poster in quite a different style than I am used to working in these days, and a rare opportunity to do a close-up portrait, so it was a nice break for routine.

Without further ado, here is the final finished image:



Happy birthday, Nelson Mandela.

No comments:

Post a Comment